Saturday, December 4, 2010

week of December 6th

Hello all,

We're almost there...keep up the hard work! Lots of into to give you today!

6th grade: I am so excited about the program we have started! My class will be visiting the website http://www.firstinmath.com/ to access math games. Each time they complete a game, they will be rewarded with (virtual) "stickers." I will require a certain amount of log-on time a week for a grade, but this will be a participation grade, not a grade based on results. It is my hope that students will have fun doing something different, and also brush up on some basic facts as we move along. We started this Friday, and by Monday students must complete the four basic operation tests (addition, subtration, multiplication and division). Most students completed at least two of these in the computer lab on Friday. They are welcome to do as much as they would like!

Each student was issued a username and password. I will have access to their times, stickers, etc. and everyone will be able to view the sticker count of the class.

If students do not have internet access at home, I will need a note stating this (signed by a parent).

Optional Ch. 4 retest is Wednesday 12/8. Students will be tested on same material and grades will be averaged. I need to know by Tuesday 12/7 who plans to take the test.

Ch. 5 Quiz (sections 1 - 4) is Friday 12/10. All students will take this.

7th grade:
Study Guide part I due Monday 12/6
Study Guide part II due Tuesday 12/7
Spiral 14 due Tuesday 12/7
Study Guide part III due Wednesday 12/8
Ch. 5 Quiz Wedensday 12/8
*Study Guide answers will be given Friday 12/10

Yes, a busy week! Hopefully you have been preparing for this and not waiting to do this all at once---I do realize you have other classes. :) Study guides went home before Thanksgiving!!

Have a wonderful week everyone! Please email me if you have any questions.

Mrs. Serpas

No comments:

Post a Comment