Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Note about test corrections

Hi,


Just a quick note about a change in policy effective Friday (when 7th grade test corrections are due). 


Test corrections are still optional, and still worth up to two bonus points. I am now requiring that in addition to re-working all missed problems, students write a complete sentence explaining why they missed the problem.


Example:
*I made a mistake in math fact: 8 x 5 = 40 not 45.
*I did not follow directions and did not list P for prime number.
*I divided instead of multiplying to solve.


I hope this will take students one step further (at least!) in critical thinking, and will help them understand what they missed.


This will be a requirement for both 6th and 7th graders and will continue through the next semester.


Thanks!


Mrs. Serpas

No comments:

Post a Comment