Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week of January 27th

Hi everyone,

I hope you're enjoying this gorgeous spring-like weather! What a great weekend.

Both 6th and 7th grade received tests back Friday. Signed tests and test corrections are due by Tuesday, January 29th. 
Reminder, all tests must be signed, regardless of grade.

Students in all classes made a lot of computation mistakes with basic facts- I am planning to use speed drills on these skills until their scores go up.

If you would ever like me to send home extra practice review sheets, please let me know, I am happy to do so.

I will be out of town Friday, February 1st, Denise Heroman will be subbing for me.

6th grade: We started a new unit last week on Integers- this is the most important concept we will cover in 6th grade. It is imperative that students memorize and apply the integer rules. This is a skill that they will need to master for all future math classes (no pressure!).  :) 

While I will schedule a quiz towards the end of this week, students need to be prepared for pop quizzes (5 - 10 points) at any point during these lessons. This is something that needs to be practiced nightly.  A great site for extra practice- www.themathworksheetsite.com, or any other sites linked on my home page, search integers. 

Spiral 3 due Tuesday 1/29, quiz TBA

7th grade: Spiral 3 due Tuesday 1/29. Chapter 4 Test, all sections except 8, on Wed. 1/30. This is a 100 point test!!! Review sheets went home last week. Please work problems to prepare for the test. 

Have a great week!

Mrs. Serpas

No comments:

Post a Comment